Sunday, September 3, 2017

Extras from chapter readings (week 2)

I need to dig into the artistic tools discussed in chapter 2.  Initially, I was wary.  I use an iMac at school, so I am comfortable with iMovie and even though some of my colleagues in other schools sing the praises of WeVideo, I do not want to pay for the subscription and I hate the watermark it leaves on the free version.  I teach my students (who are not in my Media Arts class with the iMacs) to use Screencastify to create video projects on their Chromebooks.  I use Pixlr and like it very much, so I am not sure I want to switch to iPiccy or Sumo Paint.  But then again, I am acting like some of my teachers who don't want to adapt to new technologies.  Shame on me!  I should always be adding tools to my technology tool box!

Update September 2018:  My new favorite video creation tool is Adobe Spark.  It is so easy to use and I love that I can use it to also create posters and flyers.  I may actually ditch PiktoChart for this one, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of course reflection

This course has taught me to really reflect on my teaching practice and to be more intentional as I develop instructional plans and strategi...