Monday, June 18, 2018

Extras from suggested readings (week 1)

The Technology Coordinator's Handbook is recommended reading for this course, but I had a few qualms about ordering a 14-year-old edition so I ordered the 3rd edition, published in 2017.  I found it a little technical but enjoyed learning about infrastructure.  I also especially enjoyed revisiting the SWOT analysis.  Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats are identified and accessed leading to strategy questions that can determine the priorities in your strategic plan for growth.  I first used a SWOT analysis as an undergrad in organizational communication.  It's refreshing to see it make a useful appearance in my second career (although I wish I had made the connection on my own!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of course reflection

This course has taught me to really reflect on my teaching practice and to be more intentional as I develop instructional plans and strategi...